Our Statement of Faith
1. The Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God, the standard of all faith and conduct.
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is the All Wise, All Powerful, All Good, Only Sovereign Lord who works out everything according to the counsel of His own will.
3. The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His perfect and complete sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. That all men are by nature dead in transgressions, and sins, and are saved only by grace through faith in Christ Jesus, and this is not a result of anything man can do.
5. That for the salvation of lost and sinful man to occur, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
6. That it is only through the agency of the Holy Spirit that true change occurs and that the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
7. That every Christian must submit to the Lordship of Christ. He must trust in His Goodness, and believe and obey His Word.
8. The resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved. The saved will be resurrected to eternal life, the unsaved will be resurrected to eternal punishment.
9. The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and His Sovereign Headship over His bride the Church.
10. The spiritual authority of those whom Christ has entrusted with the leadership of the local church in order to provide for the protection, peace and purity of the Church.
11. That every Christian must submit to his or her leadership in Christ according to the Word of Christ as those who must give account.
The Christian Counseling & Training Center (CCTC) was established in 1981 in order to assist the local church with the task of training biblical counselors and to provide a biblical counseling service to the Richmond community-at-large. The law of Christ to "bear one another's burdens" (Galatians 6:1-4) calls every Christian to become equipped for the work of encouraging others in the midst of the struggles of life (II Corinthians 1:3-4; Colossians 3:16).
CCTC seeks to aid the church in the area of training by offering courses, advanced training in the development of Biblical counseling skills, and seminars which are designed to teach the principles and skills of biblical encouragement. This instruction focuses on the application of biblical principles to the personal and interpersonal problems which people face in the course of daily living.
CCTC offers assistance to the entire community by providing biblical counseling on a donation basis to those who seek assistance. Consultation is also available to pastors and other leaders in the church who are actively involved in counseling .
The financial support of CCTC comes primarily from gifts offered by counselees, students, local congregations, and friends in the community. Tuition for courses is kept at a minimum so as to enable as many as possible to be trained.
Because the demand for our services increases dramatically each year, we constantly face the need to increase our monthly support from the community. We know that you, and many others who have been substantially assisted by CCTC, would like to see the services of this ministry expand. Please consider how you as an individual could help in the financial support of this ministry, so that others might receive the benefits of biblical counseling and biblical training.
A more detailed account of financial information in regard to the Christian Counseling & Training Center is available upon request.
A financial statement is available from the State Division of Consumer Affairs.
Christian Counseling & Training Center, Inc. is an inter-denominational, non-profit ministry dedicated to bringing honor and glory to God by serving the Body of Christ and assisting local churches.
CCTC uses Biblical principles to teach, train and counsel.
CCTC encourages people to use Scripture to resolve personal and inter-personal problems and to be available to help others to apply these truths in their lives.
Director of Training